I finally almost have it finished! I have to go back and tighten up some seams, hem a bit and put in the velco on the side seam… but i am very happy with how it turned out!
I forgot to take a total before shot but just looking at the Green cushions, i am sure you can imagine how ugly it was! but it’s in good shape and I got it several years ago for $25.00!! It was $45.00, but my bff talked him down for me! I have been using a purchased blue denim slip, that just sits on top of the cushions, the kind you always have to tuck in… so I am so excited to not have to tuck anymore!
here it is below with the dropcloth base and the old cushions…
Detail of pinned arm… I just basically cut and pinned the drop cloth as i went…
I laid the old cushion out and used it as a pattern for the back cushions… I am way too lazy to put in a zipper so i used an envelope style on them…. I also used the French Welt instead of piping on the top cushions on none on the box cushions, I want it to match my Chair that I recovered here.
Above you can see the difference in the 2 box cushions… the one on the left i just pinned cut without measuring and pinned as i went, and the one on the right I actually measured and cut correctly, obviously that one looks better, so i need to go back and fix the one on the left and tighten up the seams.
I made 2 pillows out of a Chenille Bedspread and piped it in Drop Cloth and then Handpainted a Coral Pattern on a Drop Cloth Pillow cover.
I love how the New Slipcover has changed the whole look of the room!
*** Edited to add: I spent about 10 hours on the slipcover, for 8 of those hours I sewed like a mad obsessesd woman on the first day. The second day I sewed about 2 hours finishing up the cushions, and i figure that i have about an hour or 2 of finishing up and tightening the seams. So about 12 hours total sewing time!
I also used the Home Dept 8 oz Dropcloth in the 12×15 ‘ size, they were 29.97 and I used almost 2 of them. so for $60.00 total for the slipcover cost plus my time. I also washed the drop cloth before, but i don’t bleach mine , we have so much white in the house already, and i figure i will be bleaching as i wash off the kid and dog dirt!
This was also much easier project than i thought! I have sewn since i was young and always made dresses, skirts etc… if you can sew … you can do this! Once i got started i saw how everything fit together… it’s really just holding the huge amount of fabric up to the machine that is the hardest part!
I also followed Miss Mustard Seed’s Video on Slipcovering, there is lots of great info there!
I participate in the following link parties:
A Beach Cottage / At the Picket Fence / Be Different Act Normal / Between Naps on the Porch /BoogieBoard Cottage / Bowl Full of Lemons / Centsational Girl / Cherished Treasures / Debbiedoos /DIY Showoff / DIY by Design / Domestically Speaking /Flamingo Toes / Funky Junk Interiors / Faded Charm Cottage /Fingerprints on the Fridge / Get your Craft On / Home Stories A to Z / House of Hepworths / I heart Naptimes / Miss Mustard Seed / My Romantic Home / My Uncommon Slice of Suburbia / Savy Southern Style /Shabby Chic Cottage / Sas Interiors / Sugar and Dots / Sisters of the Wild West / Simply Designing / Shabby Chic Cottage /Somewhat Simple / Southern Hospitality/ Sugar Bee Crafts / Sugar and Dots / Sumos Sweet Stuff / Thrifty Decor Chic /Tip Junkie / Today’s Creative Blog / The House in the Roses / The Girl Creative / The Shabby Nest / Tator Tots and Jello / Under the Table and Dreaming / Whipperberry